Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Working for a Living

I am back to knitting hats for my October festival.  I actually got an e-mail today from someone asking me if I was going to participate in a local craft fair in April.  Uh, no.  I don't have the stock for it.  I am not ready for anything that early.  It is going to take me a while to get what I need done and packed up with price tags, and washing instructions. 

Currently, I am working on the pink shawl and a hat.  The hat I am using a hand painted yarn and a custom dyed yarn.  I do custom colors if anyone is interested.  I did the custom color for myself for this hat.  :)  The hat is called Cupid, Draw back your bow.  I thought it appropriate considering the painted variegated yarn is called Cupid.  I am using the solid color for the crown of this hat.  It is being knit for a youth.  I find that kids will drag their parents into my booth and will try the hat on and love it.  Kids sell a lot of my stuff for me.  They can't help themselves...the bright colors attract them.  Just what I count on! 

The shawl is coming along slowly.  I worked on 4 rows of it today and put it down.  I picked up the hat and started working on it, again.  The hat comes first since it is part of my job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment