Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When the Wind is Screaming

You know you have issues when the wind is screaming outside your window and then the power decides now is a great time to go out.  Then it pops back on, only to go out again and again.  Three times was the charm this morning.  Enough to screw with the a/c.  Yes, I have my a/c on here because it is so freaking hot.  It won't be for long from what I am hearing from the weather people.  It is supposed to be cold enough to freeze a rat!  Great, just what we don't need. 

I woke up to hear the rain pelting the house and the wind screaming...it made me feel like I was in the middle of a hurricane.  If you know what that is, I can say, you live on or near a coast.  For those of you who are land locked...it isn't a pleasant feeling.  I have to say that I am thankful for those super hot summers, the ones that made my roof all nice and sticky!  With those 100 degree temps, I am happy that the roof is all held together now.  :)  Woo hoo! 

I am washing clothes for a second day since I fell asleep on the couch yesterday and spent most of the day snoozing away.  I am washing towels and then it will be actual clothes. 

I picked up my Multnomah shawl and I have reached repeat 7 of the lace.  Come on 10, I want this thing off of my needles.  I have other things I want to do, and this shawl isn't it. 

Yesterday, my polymer clay came in along with my polymer clay conditioning machine.  If you happen to buy a clay conditioning machine aka pasta machine let me tell you the difference...nothing but the price.  If you happen to read pasta machine in front of it...big bucks!  I nearly fell over.  If you read clay conditioning machine...cheap.  I researched my clay conditioning machine and found one that had 5 stars and everyone was happy.  So, that is the one for me. 

I read up on making clay canes and well, that has to be the most interesting thing out there.  I can't wait to play.  It will have to wait until this evening or later because I must finish this dang shawl before I can start making my canes. 

SIGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment