Monday, March 14, 2011

Learning to Walk

I don't know what the fascination is but, I have been on a high heel kick lately and for some reason, 5 inch heels seem to be attracting me.  Yes me, the lady who can't even walk barefoot without hurting herself.  So, today...I decided to teach myself how to walk in high heel shoes.  I put on a pair and started to parade around the house. 

I have a pair of Bandolinos that are 20+ years old that I love, they are high heels...about 2 inches.  They are Italian made that is why I still have them.  For those of you youngsters who have no idea about this...shoes lasted that came from Italy back in the day.  This is why I still have that pair of heels and they are super comfy. 

Well anyway, back to my learning to walk in a 5 inch heel.  How in the world is this achieved?  I have platforms in the bottom of these bad girls and I am trying to get the hang of it.  I really do want to wear them outside of the house without killing myself and everyone around me.  I can just see it...me gracelessly walking in these things in a restaurant and sliding off of them and taking out all of the tables and everyone sitting at those tables.  This would be just another day of me.  I am not kidding.  When my doctor found out that I had taken up stained glass making, he had to make sure my tetanus shot was up to date.  Yes, it is! 

I had bought a pair of 4 inch heels that are just drop dead gorgeous and here is the weird thing...they fit when I bought them but, now...they won't fit.  I am thinking the heat must have something to do with it.  It has been hot around here lately...shorts weather for all of you up north.  So, tomorrow Melinda is going to get a chance to try those gorgeous beauties on.  Who knows, she might have to take up walking practice with me to wear them.  :) 

I know I look super lovely with my huge black knee brace on and those heels.  My knee brace stretches from my shin up to past my knee.  It is neoprene and it is comfy for me after two years of wear.  Yes, two years with it.  It is so very hard to heal a torn ligament especially since I am extremely klutzy!  Just when it is about healed, I do something stupid and here it goes again.  Yes, like practicing walking in a pair of 5 inch heels. 

You would think by now I would know better...well, if I did, I wouldn't do it but, then again, yes I would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment