Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ahem...I Do Knit


Well, I finally picked the mitt back up and started working on it, again.  I finished the first one and I did cast on for the second one.  I am currently working on the second mitt, palm.  I even found my camera and snapped some pics of my first mitt. 

I just have a few things to say...this mitt brought me out of a deep funk.  I didn't have any desire to knit which is very unusual for me.  Then I decided to pick it back up and work on it.  Do you know that stitch by stitch it helped me back to my usual happy place?  Knitting will change your life for the better, I think everyone should learn. 

I was watching tv and knitting along.  I was in progress of writing the pattern.  I created the pattern and I went back to write down my pattern and check on measurements.  Always fun to write patterns and knit them.  I am to the point where I really enjoy writing patterns and knitting them.  It is a nice challenge to my knitting. 

I am using my Shetland wool...Drowning in Brown.  It is a special yarn and I pull it out for special projects.  Not much left of it these days.  I might have to see if I can get more of it.  Most Shetland wool I have come across has been super scratchy...not this one.  It is soft and it has a beautiful hand.  I am using small needles for this particular set of mitts because I wanted the yarn to be thicker than normal for the person who is going to receive these.  It is very hard for me to part with them because the yarn is so special.

It is one of my first yarns that I ever painted.  I find myself smiling when I use it.  I have had more people compliment me on it and several dyers have tried to copy it.  I guess I should be smiling about this but, it just tells me that they have no originality in their lives.  No one will ever get it right...it is truly one of a kind.  If you don't see it in person, you will miss every color in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment