Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spinning Makes the Bobbin Go Around

Last night after getting home from dinner and the viewing at the funeral home...my cousin had passed on after 5 and 1/2 years of pure living hell.  She was paralyzed after back surgery and then she had MRSA.  Which if you don't know what it is...Medically Resistant Staph.  Yep, that nasty stuff is rearing it's head everywhere. 
She had seized and was hospitalized.  She had a lot of brain damage and her wish was that if she had a choice of being resuscitated or not, she chose not. 

So, Melinda and I headed over to the funeral home to see her for a final time and to speak with family members.  We came back this way and we were both starving so, she called home to see if Mikey wanted to go to dinner with us.  Maribeth pops up with..."Japanese!"  She loves Japanese food.  So, we headed down to the Hibachi grill and had Japanese.  It was so good! 

I came home and let the boys out for their evening constitutional and then I started to look for my knitting, it was upstairs and I didn't feel like crawling up the stairs just yet so, I sat and started to spin with one of my spindles.  I had a lot of yarn spun and the spindle was filling up fast so, I transfered my new yarn to a bobbin and broke out the wheel.  I oiled up Beatrice (my spinning wheel) and started to work on a glorious fiber I bought from Artemis Artemis on ETSY.  She has beautiful batts.  They spin like butter. 

I relaxed and I spun one batt completely up and I have one more to go.  I have yarn already from my last purchase with her.  I just need to ply them together when I finish the second batt.  I think it is going to be beautiful stuff when it is completed. 

If you have never taken the time to learn to spin...it is very relaxing and it will change the way you see life.  Spinning is very peaceful and amazing.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment