Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cold Today and A Much Needed Break

It was so cold today in this house that I couldn't deal with it.  I had to come upstairs to find my wool socks.  My cotton ones were not doing the trick.  I get the wool ones on my feet and it was bliss as long as I stayed upstairs.  Since I was spending most of my day down stairs, this wasn't feasible.  I get down there and even the hound dog is shaking from the cold.  So, I found the extra thermal backed curtains I had laying around and put a curtain over the back door.  I know, sounds really weird but, let me tell you, it did the trick.  Our fireplace is worthless since it pretty much blows the air straight up the chimney so, it isn't worth burning.  The heat doesn't radiate out towards the room and the only thing the stupid thing does is make us pay more money to the gas company.  We pay enough to them so, we no longer burn the thing. 

I didn't do a lick of knitting today since I have a big hole in my finger.  I needed to rest my hands anyway so, it wasn't a big loss.  I am getting bored with the shawlette.  I have two more repeats of the increase and then on to the pattern itself. 

Tomorrow I have plans to take my niece to lunch.  I have her birthday present for her.  It is early but, she will need the items for college since she will be going back this weekend.  I know she is going to need to be warm because her college is in N. East Texas. 

I watched some tv and then I also did clothes washing.  I am glad I did it since I know Gary was out of work out gear and undies.  I didn't do it on my usual Monday routine.  I couldn't face it.  I hate Monday as it is but, then compound that hate with laundry.  Ugh!  I just didn't want to face it.  So, I dealt with it today. 

I have to fold clothes tonight before bed.  Gary always complains to me about the collars on his dress shirts and how they fold differently than how he likes them so, I fixed that problem today...I used a clothespin on his shirt to keep the fold the way he likes it.  It works so, I guess this is a good thing. 

Necessity is the mother of invention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment