Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vinegar and Baking Soda

Today I am washing all the crud out of my towels with a lovely combination of vinegar and baking soda.  It strips the ick out of the fibers.  All that soap that gets trapped and is down right stinky after a couple of uses.  I hauled the vinegar and the baking soda up from the kitchen and it will be used three times in a row.  Then I can go back to using soap. 

I am working on Gary's sock today.  I know, I will not finish it today.  Size 12 feet are a bitch to knit for especially when I hate the sock pattern.  I also have to do an over dye with my kettle today.  I have two yarns that are getting it...they are odd colors and I need the yarn for those size 14 socks.  I am going to surprise the person in question with a pair especially for him.  I know he is going to love it.  :) 

The hubby is outside right now with his deep watering spike.  He tells me the other day...honey order that t-spike for me so, I can do the deep watering on the citrus trees...well, I had already ordered the thing in and it was sitting in the box in his garage.  He had been walking by it for months.  Go figure. 

This morning we both woke up early freezing.  I had to tell him to put the heater on.  We had the a/c on since it has been hot here and we have been wearing shorts.  You haven't lived until you are wearing shorts on New Year's eve. 

Now back to washing, I have to scrub down the bath tub and get more towels into the wash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment