Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Sock, Two Sock, Green Socks



As you can see, I am finished with one sock for my darlng hubby.  I chose to use Elann's Highland Peruvian Worsted weight yarn.  I used US 6 Addi turbos for this project.  I had read that worsted weight yarn could be used to knit socks and never having tried it, I was a bit skeptical.  Not anymore, though.  If you want quick, get some wool worsted weight yarn and go to town, it is quick and he loves the first one that is finished. 

 Gauge for this particular yarn for me was:  4.75 stitches and 5.94 rows = 1 inch on the US 6 needles.  I started the first sock on January 4, 2011 and it is finished.  What does this tell you?  Super quick. 

It does create a thicker sock but, this isn't a problem for my DH.  He told me he loves the first one and can't wait for the second one to be finished.  Ladies if your man has a huge foot, get out the worsted wool and start knitting.  It drives me crazy to knit him a pair of socks for that size 12 foot.  I was able to do the 2 inch cuff that he wanted and it didn't take me days to complete.  Just a couple of hours.  Now, I can use up stash yarn to knit socks for the big footed people in my family.  I have to do a stash dig later and see what other colors I can come up with. 

The color of the yarn is Mallard.  I love how neat it looks knit up.  I saw it from a swatch card I had bought and thought, it was awesome looking.  When Elann had a full bag sale, that is when I struck.  I am always looking for a great yarn sale.  :)  I live for yarn sales, they are almost as great as a shoe sale.  Nothing beats a shoe sale when you can get a beautiful pair of shoes for $5.  That is the best feeling in the world!  This is the number one reason why I miss Marshall Field's...they had killer shoe sales. 

No comments:

Post a Comment