Friday, January 21, 2011

Shoes Make Me Happy

I have to say that I am love with my two new pairs of shoes.  I hit a sale.  I couldn't help myself, they were stunningly gorgeous and the best part, the red ones look so good on my feet.  Woohoo!  Then I found out that I had a credit with my shoe of the month club and I was able to get the pair I wanted but, couldn't afford.  Yippeee!  They are gorgeous heels with a peep toe and a cute little bow on top.  They are pink!  Not cotton candy pink, they are dark pink.  Or she puts out pink.  They are F-me shoes. 

Here I am sitting on 40 and I guess I shouldn't be buying sexy shoes at my age but, you know, there is something about a pair of sexy heels that I can't resist.  I never have been able to resist them.  Maybe I am a slut at heart, who knows.  I am a yarn ho and everyone knows that.  I am also a shoe slut. 

I am working on my shawl and it is coming along nicely.  I am on the last quarter of the increase section and about to enter the lace zone.  I am so ready for it.  My cool green shawl is done and if you want pics you have to go to Drooling Over Yarn 2 to see it.  I wrap it around my neck and go.  I have had more compliments on that little shawl.  I am proud of it.  It took me 9 days to knit it and then I blocked it for 2 so, pretty much 11 days total.  Would I knit it again?  Possibly for someone else and in a different color and a different yarn.  I have several sitting on my desk that I could use. 

I am trying to get onto the DAR member website and print out my eMQ for the chapter so, we will have a hard copy.  So far, they are down again for another night.  I am thinking there are so many chapter Regents filling it out that it is swamped.  I finished it this morning and didn't print it out for our records.  I thought to go back tonight and print it out.  Nope, not happening.  So, I will take care of it tomorrow. 

Just the usual things going on with that.  Our chapter is growing by leaps and bounds.  I am happy to say.  So far we have been lucky with it. 

I have a line up of people needing socks over here and I am procrastinating on it.  I have no idea why I don't want to knit socks...I want to knit shawls.  I am in the mood to knit something lacy and really feminine.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment